Tuesday 13 May 2014

Slow Muscle-up



Once you’ve gotten a feel for kipping into a muscle-up, performing a slow muscle-up is
a worthwhile challenge. After you can perform six or seven kipping muscle-ups, you
should be ready to go for it.

As I mentioned before, I sometimes use a false grip for muscle-ups, but there’s actually a
special false grip that I like for slow muscle-ups. For this variation I like to have my closed
fist resting on top of the bar with the bar in the crook of my wrist. This really cooks my
forearms, but it allows for better leverage when aiming to keep the movement slow.


When you do a slow muscle-up, you’ll really need to reach your legs away from your
body during the transition phase in order to counter balance your weight behind the bar.
The carryover from hanging leg raises can make a big difference here but it still takes a lot
of practice. It is also another instance in which practicing slow negatives can be helpful.










0 comments:

Post a Comment